We are pleased to announce that Prospects for Resilience: Insights from New York City’s Jamaica Bay (9781610917339/$40.00) from Island Press is finally available! Drawing on lessons from New York City’s Jamaica Bay, the book takes a comprehensive look at efforts to create resilient cities that work with—not against—nature.
Informed by insights of more than fifty scholars and practitioners, the book establishes a broad framework for understanding resilience practice in cities and sets out a process for grappling with the many meanings of resilience. Prospects for Resilience is not only for those working in Jamaica Bay or other urban watersheds, but for all researchers, urban planners, students, and others who need to create more resilient cities.
If you’d like to purchase a copy from Island Press, which ships worldwide, use the code 4JAMAICA, which is good for a 20% discount. You can also order it from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and your local independent bookseller.
As supporters of the Science and Resilience Institute at Jamaica Bay, we hope you will consider sharing the book with your own networks to help get the word out. You can help in a few ways:
- Forward this message to your own contacts or share the news on your social media networks. Feel free to include the discount code, 4JAMAICA.
- If you’d like to review it for a publication or website, you can request a review copy from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’d like to use it in a class, you can request an exam copy at islandpress.org/request-exam-copy.
- Encourage your organization to ask email@example.com for details about a discounted bulk purchase.
- Review the book on Amazon, Goodreads, or another review site.